Nobody in the world wants to grow old but we all have to go through this phase. Though it can still be delayed or made much less harrowing in many cases. Many symptoms of aging are wrinkles, age spots, fat deposits, dry and lifeless complexion and overall a withering appearance.
Some leading causes of early wrinkles:
- Sun Exposure: Tanning is a sign of skin damage. The sun’s ultraviolet rays penetrate and damage the skin’s support structure causing early wrinkles. Your hands and face are especially vulnerable to sun damage.
- Smoking: Smoking is bad for your skin and it also accelerates the aging process, making you look older than your actual age.
- Facial Muscle Contractions: Wrinkles also form at the corners of your eyes (crow’s feet). A lifetime habit of facial expressions leaves your skin more prone to wrinkles and fine lines.
- Incorrect Sleeping Positions: Wrong sleeping habits over years may etch lines into your face. Areas such as chin, cheeks, or forehead are very prone. Avoid sleeping with your face onto the pillow.
- Yo-yo Dieting: Health experts say that years of repeated or yo-yo dieting causes wrinkles as well. Losing and gaining large amount of weight damages the skin and the repeated stretching makes your skin lose its elasticity.
Hyperpigmentation or Discoloration of the Skin is another major problem
With age, pigmentation which is the coloring or discoloring of a person’s skin happens. Reason for this may be illness or injury. Hyperpigmentation in the skin is the result of increased melanin. Conditions such as pregnancy or Addison’s disease may also cause more production of melanin thus resulting in hyperpigmentation. Exposure to sunlight again is a major cause of skin discoloration including various drugs, some antibiotics, as well as antiarrhythmics, and antimalarial drugs and of course age which causes spots on your skin especially after 50.
We all have problem areas such as lower belly, love handles, thighs and arms and the most hated double chins. Unwanted fat is the one that makes us look out of shape no matter how flattering the lighting or the dress is. Reasons for such fat accumulation:
- Irregular nutrition
- Body’s declining response to diet
- Stagnation in your workout regime
- More than usual water retention
- History of obesity
Treatment Options at WYOENT
Fine lines and wrinkles
Botox and/or collagen fillers are a great option for reducing the appearance of fine lines, folds and wrinkles. Depending on the area to be treated, the filler, and the body’s reaction to it, one may need one or more repeat injections. Remember, different fillers last for different lengths of time. Your body will slowly absorb the dermal filler and your skin will go back to its normal state.
Your skin may be numbed with a local anesthetic. Then a needle is used to inject the filler under the skin. Your treatment session may take about 15 minutes and also some sessions may be repeated after a gap of couple of weeks. After the treatment you will get rid of scarred, wrinkled and furrowed skin. You can add fullness to your lips, more shape to your chin and more smoothness to your forehead.
Risks and Precautions Associated With Cosmeceuticals
- Pain after the first day
- Minor Bruising
- Allergic reaction
- Flu-like symptoms
- Lumpy skin surface after treatment
- Avoid alcohol use
- Stop taking any blood-thinning medicine
- You may need antibiotics
Skin discoloration and unwanted fair too can be taken care of with the latest laser technology at the disposal of WYOENT. From extending short eyelashes to removal of flab with injections that initiate spot fat reduction, everything is made easy here. Giving you a complete and flawless look are the expertly skilled and qualified doctors of the WYOENT.